Friday, November 29, 2013

[REVIEW] OPTUS PREPAID MOBILE BROADBAND PLANS


When I arrived in Australia, I was surprised to see the cost of internet service. Before coming to this country, I had lived in a location which charges $20 for unlimited Giga speed internet. I surfed unlimited amount movie in Youtube and even I could watch HD movies from Movie streaming service from NAVER.COM unlimitedly. Here Federal government is building NBN (National Broadcasting Network). But the internet installation and mamangement cost is quite expensive till now.

Because I have traveled frequently, mobile broadband service was quite useful for me. I compared the prepaid mobile data rate among Optus, Telstra and Vodaphone.

Best plan I could choose was OPTUS $130 recharge for 17.5 Giga bytes of data. The cost per 1G is $7.42.

My next favored plan was OPTUS $40 recharge for 3.25 Giga bytes of data. The cost per 1G is $12.34.

(image from optus.com.au)

Most interesting optus plan is $2 A DAY. With this plan 500Mbyte of data available per day. And with $40, 20G bytes of data can be optained from this plan. And the cost of 20G is equal to $140 worth of credit in prepaid mobile broadband plan. We can use $140 worth of data with $40 only. (image from optus.com.au)

The link of this plan is available from following link.
https://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/sim-card/plans

The cost of Telsta and Vodaphone was about 40% higher than Optus plan.
But in terms of quality of data and speed, TELSTRA or VODAPHONE may be better in some location. Amaysim and Vivid wireless has very attractive unlimited plans. But the coverage does not include the  locations where I frequently use internet.


I hope Optus can prepare more attractive plans for heavy users who work in connected internet cloud environment.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your valuable information.this information very useful for online learners
    optus mobile plans

    ReplyDelete